This morning I decided to give the Vegg another chance. A while back I tried to make a fritata with it, but I didn’t have the correct measurements and it turned out a little runny. Today’s outcome was much better. I adapted this recipe from Gluten Free French Toast. I’m still getting use to my electric stove, so it took a few attempts before I got a nice golden french toast. I really missing my gas stove! Maybe if I keep burning Marco’s food he will agree to get a new stove top sooner…
Spiced Orange French Toast (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
3 teaspoon Vegg powder
1.25 cup plant milk (coconut, rice or oat; almond or soy if you can tolerate)
2 teaspoon corn flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon all spice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
2 tablespoon orange juice (more to serve)
1 teaspoon agave nectar (more to serve)
canola oil spray
6 slices of bread
1. Place Vegg powder and 1/2 cup of the non-dairy milk in the blender. Scrape down the sides if powder gets stuck on the sides.
2. Add in corn flower, vanilla, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, cardamom, orange juice, agave and rest of the oat milk.
3. Pour the mixture into a shallow bowl.
4. Heat a non-stick pan and spray with oil.
5. Dip the bread, one at a time, into the mixture and place into the pan. Let it cook for a couple of mintues till golden on one side, then turn the bread over and cook the other side.
6. Drizzle the french toast with orange juice and agave and serve with extra orange slices.
*Makes 6 serves of french toast.