Turmeric is so good for you. It’s anti-inflammatory and is packed full of manganese, iron, vitamin B6, fiber and potassium. Scientists believe that Turmeric wards of Alzheimer’s disease, prevents cancer, reduces risk of heart attacks and strokes, flights colds and flu, helps digestion and weight loss and can help people with diabetes. But unless you eat Indian food regularly, you probably don’t include this ingredient in many of your daily meals. This little salad dressing is creamy, raw and can be paired with almost anything. Hope you like it!
Roasted Sweet potato, Purple Carrot, Red Cabbage, Kale and Spinach Salad with a Creamy Turmeric (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
6 small sweet potatoes
sea salt to taste
3-4 purple carrots
1/4 red cabbage
2 cups baby/other kale
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup Creamy Turmeric Dressing (below)
1-2 tablespoons roasted black sesame seeds.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Chop sweet potatoes in round pieces and toss in a mixing bowl with olive oil and sea salt. Then bake for 30 mins or until cooked. Turn once while cooking.
3. Grate the purple carrots and cabbage. Massage the kale with sea salt and chop the baby spinach.
4. Combine all the salad ingredients in a mixing bowl.
5. Serve salad topped with roasted sweet potato, drizzle Creamy Turmeric Dressing and top with some black sesame seeds
Creamy Turmeric Dressing (vegan, raw, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
1/2 medium avocado
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
2 tablespoons turmeric
couple pinches ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon agave (more to taste)
4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons filtered water
sea salt to taste
1. Add in the ingredients in to a processor/mixer. Mix until you have a delicious creamy dressing.
2. Serve topped with black roasted sesame seeds and top on a fresh salad or roasted vegetables.
*About 1 cup