Tempeh again tonight! I still had some left over so I figured I may as well add it to my curry. Marco really didn’t want me to add tempeh, after last weeks chunky tempeh potato massman curry. But this time I cut it smaller and sauteed it till golden brown, before adding it to the curry. It had a much nicer texture this time and Marco didn’t even realise I used it.
Graduation tomorrow! I’m so excited. I couldn’t get the whole day off tomorrow, so I’ll be in a mad rush tomorrow to make it to the convention center. I remember when Marco graduated a few years ago. It was so inspiring. My family haven’t see a graduation before, so I think they will see why its so important to me.
Tempeh and Mixed Vegetable Massaman Curry (vegan, gluten free, nut free)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2-3 tablespoons massaman curry paste
4 small potatoes, cut in quarters
1 sweet potato, chopped into cubes
1 carrot, chopped into cubes
1 can coconut cream
3 cups vegan beef stock (I used Massel)
1 small red capsicum, chopped
200g tempeh, cut into small pieces
4-6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon raw sugar
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
2 handfuls of snow peas, topped and tailed
1-2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Heat oil in a large pot or wok. Add 2 tablespoons massman curry paste. Saute for 3 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and half a can of coconut cream. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. In the meantime heat a pan with oil then add tempeh and 1 tsp of massman paste. Saute till lightly browned.
5. Add sliced shiitake mushroom and cook saute for another minute, then add to the curry pot.
6. Add to the pot peanut butter, sugar, kaffir lime leaves. Cook for another 5-10 minutes.
7. Add snow peas, lime juice and the rest of the coconut cream. Heat for a few minutes then serve with steamed rice and/or roti.