Another cauliflower recipe…We have almost got through all of them. Only 1/2 to go now. Marco hasn’t been too keen on having more cauliflower meals, but this is what he will be coming home too again tonight. I made a Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Soup a while ago and I was really craving it again. This soup is a bit different as it has the sweetness of the corn and the heat of the cayenne pepper. I also got to try out my vitamix as a soup blender. The texture was so smooth and luscious. No more lumpy soups 🙂
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower and Corn Soup (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
1 large cauliflower
4 corn cobs, kernels sliced off and cobs discarded
1.5 tablespoons thyme leaves
1/2 cup olive oil (plus more)
2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
sea salt to taste
1 brown onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
3 cups vegetable liquid stock
1.5 cup plant milk (I used oat milk, but you can also you coconut or rice; almond or soy if you can tolerate)
black pepper to taste
3. Take a baking tray and add the cauliflower, corn, thyme leaves, cayenne and olive oil. Season with sea salt and toss through.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot, then add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
6. Add the oat milk and most cauliflower and corn, but reserve 4 tablespoons in the baking tray. Bring to the boil and let it cool.
7. Add the soup to the blender in two batches. Blend till smooth.
8. Place soup back into a pot and reheat if you need to.
9. Serve soup with a tablespoon of roasted cauliflower and corn, a drizzle of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.