As promised another recipe with cauliflower. I just love roasted cauliflower. It doesn’t have that bitter flavor that steamed cauliflower has. I usually make roasted vegetables with potatoes, pumpkins and other root vegetables. But this variation was really nice change and the dressing gave it a bit more zing.
Roasted Cauliflower, Beets, Capsicum and Chickpeas with Tahini Sumac Dressing (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
1 large beetroot, sliced
1/2 large cauliflower, chopped
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 tin chickpeas
handful of italian parsley, chopped
sea salt & black pepper to taste
Ingredients for Tahini Sumac Sauce:
1 whole garlic head
3 tablespoons unhulled tahini
2 tablespoons lemon
handful of italian parsley
1 teaspoon sumac
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
sea salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place beetroot in a baking dish and toss with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Add cauliflower, capsicum and whole garlic, drizzle with more olive oil. Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables have cooked. Remove the whole garlic once it has softened.
4. In the meantime add all the ingredients to the blender. Also peel roasted garlic and add to the process and blend.
5. Add a tin of chickpeas to the baking dish and cook vegetables for a further few minutes, then remove from the oven.
6. Toss the vegetables with the dressing, parsley and season with sea salt & black pepper before serving.
*Serves 4 as a side dish.
On the side I made Syndian Asian Bean and Kumera Patties. This was the first Syndian product that I have tried and it wasn’t too bad. It really tasted homemade, which is probably because it had all real ingredients in it. The only thing that it needed was a sauce, as I found it was a little dry, but otherwise not to bad.