Good morning guys! Today Marco decided we should to have something a bit more decadent for breakfast. So I came up with these delicious peanut butter pancakes. They are gluten free and packed full of flavor. Pancakes really aren’t my forte, but I am getting a bit better at cooking and flipping them. I topped mine with raspberry jam. Marco preferred Dairy free chocolate spread, but even without they are sweet enough. I think I better slow down on sweets. This raspberry jam made my heart race.
Peanut Butter Pancakes (vegan, gluten free, soy free)
1 cup gluten free plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut sugar or evaporated cane sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup plant milk (coconut, rice or oat; almond or soy if you can tolerate)
canola spray oil
raspberry jam to serve
1. In a large mixing bowl, add gf flour, baking powder, sea salt and coconut palm sugar. Use a whisk to combine.
2. In a smaller mixing bowl, add water, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Whisk so that peanut butter has broken down a bit.
4. Add the soy milk to the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon till you have a wet thick batter. Do not over mix the batter, it should have some lumps.
5. Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat and grease with canola spray oil. Then add about 1/3 cup of the batter. Smooth it out into a pancake shape with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook pancake for a couple of minutes, then when the top starts to firm up, flip the pancake and cook for a further 2 mins, or until it is cooked through.
6. Repeat till you have 6 pancakes and serve with raspberry jam or other preferred sweet spread.
*Serve 2, makes 6 pancakes.