This is my last green lentil dish from the leftovers that I cooked a few days ago. I can’t believe how far 2 cups of lentils went. I served these dishes with some crunchy roasted kale, some twice roasted potatoes (also leftovers) and Fry’s Golden Crumbed Schnitzels.
I have been feeling really tired the last few days. I have been working and not eating fresh greens or much fruit. I also have been relying to much on coffee. After becoming really lethegic, I decided to be different today. For breakfast I had Organic Kamut Bread toasted with hummus and a Cherry Berry Oat Milk Smoothie. For lunch I had these dishes again. For dinner tonight I am making some vegetarian salads for Marco’s mothers big 60th party. So I will post on what I come up with soon.
Cumin Cardamon Spiced Rice with Green Lentils (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
2 cups brown jasmine rice
2 cups cooked green lentils
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red onions, sliced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cardamon
juice of 1 lemon
2. In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large pan. Then add red onions, cumin and cardamon. Cook for 8-10 mins or until the onions are soft and browned. Don’t let spices burn, if you need add more oil or water.
3. Add green lentils to the pan and heat through. Cook for 2-3 mins.
4. Add cooked rice to the pan, lemon juice and seas with salt. Cook until heated then serve.
Roasted Brussels Spouts & Garlic (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
12-15 brussels sprouts
1 whole garlic head
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Wash and remove any tarnished outer leaves of brussels sprouts.
2. In a small baking dish combine the brussels sprouts, the whole garlic (don’t remove outer skin), olive oil and sea salt.
3. Roast for 30 mins or until you can pierce the brussels sprouts with a fork.
4. Peel the roasted garlic and stir through in a bowl with brussels sprouts and adjust seasoning.