Good morning everyone! I am addicted to PInterest at the moment. I’m a bit of a late adopter. While I was going through all my long lost recipe book marks I came across this recipe, Vanilla Brown Sugar Breakfast Polenta, from Joy the Baker. I adapted it, to make it vegan and a bit healthier.
It is really warm, sweet (but not to sweet) breakfast that makes you feel all fuzzy inside. Since there was only two of us for breakfast this morning, I took the tip from Joy and put the rest of the polenta in a loaf dish with plastic wrap. This way I can store it in the fridge and later when it has set I can slice it and fry it for dessert. Hope you like it 🙂
Vanilla Maple Breakfast Polenta (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free)
1 cup polenta (instant)
3 cups cold water
2 cups plant milk (coconut or oat; almond or soy if you can tolerate)
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 vanilla bean)
sprinkle of cinnamon
fresh berries and extra plant milk to serve
1. Take a small bowl and combine 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of polenta.
2. Take a pot and add 2 cups of cold water and 2 cups of soy milk. Put on medium heat and bring to a light boil.
3. Add salt and stir through.
4. Add polenta slowly and stir through. Then cook for about 10mins or until the polenta has thickened. Stir often.
5. Take of the heat and stir through maple syrup and vanilla essence.
6. Serve in bowls add garnish with a touch of cold soy milk, sprinkle of cinnamon and fresh berries (I used blueberries).
* Serves 4