Yesterday I finally had my Italian oral exam, which has been keeping me awake at night for the past few weeks. I went much better then I thought I would and now I can stop stressing and start cooking all the things I was putting off. I’m not completely finished at uni yet, but its nearly over thank God. It wasn’t the smartest decision to start my blog during study break, but its still been great fun.I also moved back to my house yesterday so I can now use my processor and juicer. At my boyfriends house I only had my little bar mix, which was good, but it can’t do everything. So looking forward to making lots of sweets and healthy juices.
I bought some Malaysian Peanut Tofu the other day and I was wanting to try and make my own Satay Sauce to go with it. Although flavoured tofu’s are great for stir fries & salads, I usually find they are not flavorsome enough. I found this recipe online for the Satay sauce. It tasted really great. I just added a little bit more peanut butter. I recommend if you like your satay really saucy they make a double batch for this stir fry. This is a really quick and easy meal to make and its very moreish!
Satay Tofu Stir Fry (vegan, gluten free)
sesame oil or coconut oil
1 onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
2 carrots, chopped julienne
2 zucchini, chopped julienne
1/2 bunches english spinach or asian greens, chopped
1 packet of malaysia satay tofu (or fried tofu)
2 cups jasmine rice
coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
Ingredients for Satay Sauce: (make double batch for more saucy stir fry)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Prepare steamed rice in rice cooker. Make sure you rinse rice a couple of times, then cover the rice with water (1 finger tip between rice & water level)
2. Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in the wok, then add onion, garlic, capsicum and carrot. Cook for 4 mins on medium heat
4. Add zucchini to wok and cook for another minute.
5. Add tofu, spinach and Satay Sauce and cook till tofu is heated. Make sure sauce is stir all the way through the vegetables.
6. Serve stir fry with steamed jasmine rice and garnish with coriander.