Tonight I made a really easy soup and just grabbed whatever I could find in the fridge. I don’t know what it is about pumpkin soup but it always makes me feel great and its a crowd pleaser. Butternut pumpkin is my favourite out of all the starches vegetables and its really versatile. Also taste great cut thin and roasted till crispy or as a pasta filling. Make sure you save the seeds as well, you can roast for a healthy snack. Unfortunately I burned my in the toast oven earlier, so next time.
Butternut Pumpkin, Potato & Coriander Soup (gf, sf, nf)
Ingredients- 2 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil, 1 red diced, 2 garlic cloves diced, 2 tbsp ground cumin, 2 tbsp ground turmeric, 1 tbsp ground coriander, 1/2 butternut pumpkin chopped, 2 sweet potatos chopped, 2 potatos chopped, 3 tbsp coriander chopped, 1 litre liquid vegan vegetable/chicken stock, 1 can of soy carnation/coconut milk, salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot, then add onion, garlic and spices. Stir so it doesn’t stick.
2. Once onion & garlic are brown and spices are fragrant, add pumpkin, potato & sweet potato and stir all spices through vegetables.
3. Add coriander and liquid stock, bring to the boil, then put to simmer. Cook for 30mins or till vegetables are soft.
4. Take off the heat, add the soy/coconut milk, then use a hand mixer to blend
5. Put back on a medium heat and adjust seasoning. Once its heated and taste right, then serve. (Tastes great with home-made garlic bread!)